Greening Geelong West has a proud history of taking grassroots action to preserve and improve the environment, identity and place for the people of Geelong West and the wider region.
Established in 1989, Greening Geelong West collaborates with local government to create a vibrant and sustainable urban environment.
As a result of our initiatives, lobbying efforts, partnerships and hands on approach, the following has been achieved:
- Significant landscaping works around Geelong West including planting of trees
- Bundling of cables in Pakington Street, so street trees can prosper and contribute to a vibrant leafy street.
- Indigenous revegetation programs at Western Beach and Kevin Kirby Reserve
- Sculpture placement at Western Beach
- Walk West project along O’Connell Street and the overpass to Western Beach
- Establishment of the Steering Committee of the Geelong West Neighbourhood House.
There are many groups that are working to make Geelong a more liveable place. Here are a few groups we like: